- Over twelve years of administrative and IT experience in private business, politics, government contracting and international development contexts
- Three years of international aid experience in municipal governance, ICT sector promotion and assistance, university exchange, fundraising, and after-school education with programs in Albania and Thailand, as well as home-office work for an Iraq program
- Proven management, leadership, training, contract negotiation, project oversight, proposal generation, budget formulation and financial oversight skills through my assistance on the first ICT Innovation center in Albania, in collaboration with Chemonics and USAID
- Expert communicator through the translation of ICT / IT terminology to understandable concepts for aid workers, politicians and local government officials in multiple languages
- Canadian Permanent Resident (PR) / US Citizen
- Masters in Public Administration (MPA) [December 2013]
- George Mason University, Fairfax, VA | GPA: 3.9/4.0
Masters International Program participant / Concentrated in Non-Profit Management
Sampling of Courses Completed: Org Theory and Mgmt Behavior, Stats, Public Policy Process, Policy Analysis, NGO Policy and Management, Ethics in Public Admin, Public / Non-Profit Accounting, Third Party Governance
- George Mason University, Fairfax, VA | GPA: 3.9/4.0
- Bachelors of Science in Applied Networking and System Administration [September 2006]
- Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY | GPA: 3.7/4.0
- Additional Qualifications
- Mobiles for International Development Program Graduate – TechChange.Org
[Political Not-For Profit - Name Protected], Washington, DC [October 2013 – ]
IT Infrastructure Architect (Contract)
- Sole architect and implementer for an infrastructure overhaul project plan that drastically reduced legal liability and increased computing performance and stability. This plan also removed outdated infrastructure and contracts.
- Generated data storage, security and retention policies to ensure organizational continuity in a dedicated hosting environment.
- Migrated organizational collaboration to a centralized Google Apps infrastructure with retention policies and established best-practice security protections, including VPN, Anti-Virus, and Intrusion Prevention.
[IT Consulting Firm - Name Protected], Chicago, IL [October 2013 – March 2019]
Director of Engineering
- Oversaw the Engineering department, this included conducting employee evaluations, leading internal workshops and training sessions, and running stand-up meetings.
- Led Network and Systems operations for a mobile-based voter registration application. Operations included managing 40+ VMs and multiple site-to-site VPNs in a Citrix XenServer, and Proxmox environment.
- Authored and oversaw implementation of Change Control processes to establish peer review for planned changes to client infrastructures.
- Created and implemented an internal compound statistic to balance prospective client staffing requirements with appropriate pricing models for sustainable operations.
- Designed and implemented the technical and organizational roll-out of an in-house KMS (Knowledge Management System), reducing staff overhead through the documentation of repeatable procedures.
- Led a comprehensive email deliverability improvement plan, using tools such as SPF, DKIM, DMARC, in collaboration with SendGrid, Silverpop / IBM Watson, Blackbaud, O365, and 250ok.
IREX - International Research and Exchange Board, Washington, DC [August 2013 - December 2013]
University Administrative Support Program / Iraq University Linkages Program Intern
- Ran through a qualitative assessment framework to determine strengths and weaknesses in the University professor training workshops.
- Assisted with Iraqi university professor and student expense reimbursement accounting, travel logistics, and visa paperwork.
The United States Peace Corps, Albania [March 2011 – May 2013]
Community and Organizational Development Volunteer
- Chief Technical Adviser for “Protik” Information, Communications and Technology Project
A joint-venture with Chemonics (on behalf of USAID) and The Albanian American Development Fund
- Assisted USAID and NGO partners in the design, construction and administration of Albania's first ICT innovation center. This included the review of architectural drawings, advising on data center construction best-practices, generating and reviewing USAID RFPs, researching equipment specifications / market prices and conducting project planning. The center addresses the IT knowledge and skill gap within the Albanian marketplace. It welcomes an average of over 400 participants per month and is offering numerous free trainings as requested by business partners.
- Provided sustainable administrative capacity, through the creation of structured technical assessment for center staff applicants. Created and applied evaluation criteria for the over fifty applicants interviewed.
- President of Outdoor Ambassadors Albania
An environmental stewardship and youth leadership organization operating in over 15 Albanian cities
- Lead the planning, fundraising, budgeting and implementation of two national events to tackle self-esteem issues of Albanian high-school students and provided the skills necessary to launch environmentally focused projects in their communities.
[Political Organization - Name Protected], Washington, DC [September 2009 – December 2010]
Senior System Administrator
- Team Lead for System Engineering. Directly supervised a System Administrator as well as network and systems contractors. Constructed work plans, conducted performance evaluations, lead weekly departmental meetings, and developed / monitored the System Engineering budget.
- Provided ~$100,000 USD in annual cost savings by providing effective fiscal stewardship to the engineering department budget of over $1-Million USD. Addressed the out of control department spending on under-utilized computing resources and contracts that no longer reflected current market pricing. Local resources were more effectively leveraged through local virtualization of resources, coupled with Amazon cloud computing usage.
Isara Foundation, Nong Khai, Thailand [February 2009 – March 2009, July 2010]
- Grew the NGO budget by 500% through the generation of a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)-compliant donation portal, utilizing PHP / MySQL / CMS integration.
[Government Contractor - Name Protected], Arlington, VA [January 2007 – August 2009] System Administrator
- Primary implementer of a LAMP computing infrastructure overhaul that took the server / network components from handling under 1 million hits a day to over 40 million a day. This expansive growth involved the addition of over 250 servers and 70 new employees. I coupled cluster design and implementation tasks with the hiring and supervision of two new system administrators. The organization was able to win a large federal contract (GSA's Fed Biz Opps), and provided me with two merit-based raises and bonuses as a reward.
- Designed and implemented a Canadian data-center environment to address client data security requirements. This resulted in both the award of a large University contract, and the opening of an entirely new market.
IT Alphabet Soup
- BGP, DHCP, DKIM, DMARC, DNS, FIBRE, FTP, HTTP / HTTPS, ICMP, IMAP, IPv4, IPv6, iSCSI, LDAP, NFS v2/3/4, OpenVPN, OSPF, POP, RADIUS, RDP, RSYNC, SPF, SMTP / SMTPS, SNMP, SSH, TCP, UDP, VLAN, VRRP
Hardware / Software Platforms
- Dell / HP x86_64 Server Equipment (iDRAC and ILO management w/ Nagios SNMP monitoring), Sun SPARC (Solaris 10), Sonicwall NSA, Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA / Routers + Meraki APs / Firewalls / MDM, pfSense, Sophos VPN, Watchguard XTM, F5 Load Balancers, Brocade / HP Fiber Channel Switches, EMC Clarion SAN, 3Par SAN, Dell EqualLogic, Dell MD1000/3000/3000i, Duo, Okta, OneLogin, HP Aruba APs, Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch and Unifi, Office365, Azure, IBM Bluemix / Softlayer, CrowdStrike Security Suite (Falcon Platform), Amazon Web Services (AWS) – AD, Backup, EC2, S3, Direct Connect, Glacier, DynamoDB, Storage Gateway, RedShift, Route53, VPC, and others..
- Active Directory (DNS / User Management / Group Policies / DHCP / etc), Apache, Asterisk, Bareos / Bacula, Bind-DNS, Bomgar, DRBD , Duplicity, IBM GPFS, IBRIX (now HP StoreAll), Kayako Help Desk, Kerberos, KVM (Virtualization using Libvirt), MemCacheD, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL / MariaDB, Nagios, NFS, OpenLDAP, Oracle Cluster File-System (OCFS2), OpenVPN, Oracle Database Server, PAM, PDQ Inventory / Deploy, Postfix, PostgreSQL, PriTunl, Proxmox, SAMBA, Splunk, Suricata, Syncthing, Tresorit, VMWare, Xen, XenServer, Zentyal, Zabbix
Programming / Scripting Languages
- BASH, Java, Perl, PHP, Powershell, Python
- Redhat Linux 9 -> EL4,EL5,EL6,EL7, Ubuntu / Ubuntu Server, Sun Solaris 10 (Certified), Windows Server 2000,2003,2008,2008R2,2012, FreeBSD, OpenBSD